So if you are like me and making your gifts this year and know a sewer, good chance there is a pincushion somewhere in the equation of the gift. I like to add pins when giving the gift since it makes it just a little bit more “pretty.”
Here is my tutorial to make pins a little more special with things you probably already have on hand. (This is so straight foward I am sure most of you won’t need a tutorial but I need to try my hand out at making one, so thanks for being patient with me.)
- You Will Need:
- Craft Glue ( your favorite Brand)
- Straight Pins
- Seed Beads ( Colors of your choice, nice to coordinate colors of the pincushion or gift you are giving)
- A piece of scrap cardboard
- 1. Slide seed bead on to straight pin, but don’t slide all the way to the end.
- 2. Stick head end into tip of craft glue and squeeze a little. ( I like to do it this way, it makes it a little less messy than try to glob it on and make sure all the sides get an even coat.)
- It will look like this:
- 3. Push the bead up to the head firmly. Wipe off excess glue.
- 4. Push into cardboard to dry, being careful not to push down bead when pushing into cardboard.
- Voila, Pretty pins!
- As you can see they make great finish to a sewing gift.